The mission of the Round Rock Serving Center is to serve human needs in the City of Round Rock and surrounding areas. Services provided include a food pantry, clothing & furniture vouchers, Computers for Kids, community gardens, Keep Round Rock Warm, The Volunteer Center, adult computer classes in English & Spanish, a charity thrift store, and financial assistance for utilities, rent, prescriptions, transportation, and temporary lodging.
Did You know?
In 2017, the Serving Center assisted a total of 46,022 underprivileged, low-income people and families-in-crisis from 12,458 households with food and financial assistance. The food pantry filled a total of 11,649 food vouchers, and a total of 21,615 households were served from the food distribution programs. The caseload and food pantry experienced a 5% increase over 2016. Learn more about the RRASC here.
Partnering with Round rock area serving center
- Attend or volunteer at the Empty Bowls Festival.
- Food Drive Fun! (for details, click here)
- Donations for their thrift store: clothing, furniture, books, household goods, and appliances.
- Financial contributions are always needed to support the program services that aren't covered by grants. Assistance includes utilities, rent, transportation, temporary lodging, and prescriptions for client families.
- Help sorting food in food pantry
- Sorting clothes for the thrift store
- Working in receiving
- Cleaning in the thrift store
- Helping with special events
- Working in the community gardens